SPOTSEE.IO’S PRIVACY STATEMENT
Your right to privacy is very important. ShockWatch, Inc. dba SpotSee (“SpotSee”) recognizes that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act responsibly. That is why we endeavor to use the information we collect and process carefully and sensibly, and have taken steps to safeguard it.
This Privacy Statement addresses how we collect and use information you provide to us. Specifically, this statement addresses:
- The definition of “Personal Data”
- The Personal Data we collect and how we collect it
- Our sharing of Personal Data
- How we protect your Personal Data
- Marketing and the right to opt out
- How you can update or correct Personal Data
- Retention of Personal Data
- Your choices
- Other websites
- California Privacy Rights
- “Do Not Track” signals
- European Union/European Economic Area Users
- How you can contact us
- Changes to the Privacy Statement
Please read this Privacy Statement and our Terms and Conditions carefully before using the website.
THE DEFINITION OF “PERSONAL DATA”
In this Privacy Statement, we define “Personal Data” broadly as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal Data includes, among other things, your name, address, telephone number, and may also include your IP address.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Although we engage in business to business (“B2B”) transactions, we may collect information about individuals employed by or otherwise representing our business customers. We may obtain information from individuals in the following ways: (1) when you voluntarily provide us with the information by completing an on-line form; (2) automatically when you visit our websites; (3) when you provide us with information by email, mail, fax, or telephone; (4) when you provide us with information in person; or (5) when we receive information about you from our marketing partners.
We will not, however, collect any information directly identifying an individual —such as name, address, e-mail address, and phone number—from visits to our website unless you voluntarily provide it. Ultimately, it is your choice whether to provide us with this information.
Information Provided Voluntarily. Depending on the information and/or services you request, SpotSee may ask you to provide your name, email address, employer, job title, and other information at certain points throughout our website. More specifically, SpotSee may collect the following:
- Information that you provide when you complete forms on our website to use our services (for example to receive information from us or our authorized distributors), posting material, or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion online and when you report a problem with our site. We will use this information to provide you with any requested services and to market our services.
- Any username or login you set up to access the SpotSee Cloud.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information you choose to provide in response to surveys we use for research purposes. You do not have to respond to these surveys.
Information Collected Automatically Through Website Visits. If you are only browsing our website, we will not ask you for any information directly identifying you, but certain information—including your computer and connection information, browser type (e.g., Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer) and version, operating system (e.g., Windows or Macintosh) and platform details, and the domain name from which you accessed the website (e.g., google.com or yahoo.com)—may be automatically collected.
From Third Parties. We work with advertising partners that may collect Personal Data about you when you fill out a form to download information about our products and services or otherwise request information about our products and services. We do not receive your Personal Data if you choose to opt out and not have that data shared with us.
You can find out more about this type of technology through your internet browser.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You may refuse to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. Your browser will tell you in simple terms how to do this, usually through a ‘help’ section on most browser toolbars. However, some features or services on our sites may not function properly without cookies.
We may use web beacons to assist us in understanding how visitors to our websites use such sites and/or to collect information regarding user’s activities on the web. Web beacons are similar but not identical to cookies in the way they operate. You can find out more about web beacons at various internet sites. We may also use the services of a third party to collect such information for us.
Cookies and similar technologies allow us to:
- Improve, enhance, and refine the quality of the website’s services and better understand your needs;
- Provide you information to allow you to maneuver around the website more effectively and efficiently;
- Communicate with you;
- Manage the website, monitor traffic patterns, and gauge service popularity;
- Carry out our marketing activities;
- Respond to your requests for customer service;
- Recognize you when you return to our website; and
- Provide you with targeted advertising.
We also use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc., to improve the user experience. Google Analytics helps us determine the number of visitors to our website and helps us understand how users find our site. Google Analytics may record your geographical location, device, internet browser, operating system, and IP address. To learn more about how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. If you do not want to be tracked by Google Analytics on our website, you can opt out at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use the Personal Data we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- To provide you with personalized content that is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To process and respond to your inquiries about products and services;
- To alert you to new website features, products and services that we feel may interest you;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites;
- To notify you about changes to what we do;
- To contact visitors to our website when necessary;
- To help address problems with our website;
- To administer our website;
- To help us better understand visitors’ use of our website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the site);
- To protect the security or integrity of our website; and
- For such other purposes provided in this Privacy Statement.
SpotSee may use your Personal Data to generate Aggregated Data. “Aggregated Data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying customers, landing pages or end-users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information is kept anonymous in Aggregated Data. SpotSee retains the right to use Aggregated Data for internal use and to distribute and share any Aggregated Data with others on a selective basis.
We may also use your Personal Data, or permit our authorized distributors to use your Personal Data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. This may mean that we or they may contact you about these by mail or telephone.
OUR SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We do not rent or sell your Personal Data to other companies or individuals, unless we have your permission.
We may share your Personal Data as follows:
- When it is necessary to process your request, including requests for goods, services, support or additional information. We may also share your Personal Data with third party business partners who assist us from time to time with our marketing efforts. In such instances we may share your information with a trusted business partner who is subject to agreements that oblige them to process such information only on our instructions and in compliance with this Privacy Statement and appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- If we have your permission.
- To respond to the judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies. In those cases, SpotSee will, of its own discretion, either comply with the request/order or seek protection from it.
- If we believe the release is reasonably necessary to comply with the law; enforce our Terms and Conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SpotSee, our users, or the public.
- In the future, we may sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, customer information, including Personal Data, generally is one of business assets that is transferred. In the event of a sale of our assets including our database, customer information will be transferred. We will, however, require buyers to honor our Privacy Statement.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
SpotSee strives to prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Data, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device, or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Among other things, this includes using firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection, and site monitoring.
Although we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you electronically transmit to us or receive from us. Therefore, any electronic transmissions are at your own risk. We have no way of protecting Personal Data until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we will use our security procedures to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Internally, we will restrict access to your Personal Data to employees who need access to the information in order to do their jobs. These employees are committed to our privacy policies.
We also will review our security arrangements from time to time as we deem appropriate.
MARKETING AND THE RIGHT TO OPT OUT
You can ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. You may opt out at any time even if you have previously given your consent, although it will take a short time for the changes in your preferences to become effective. You can ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes by indicating your choice on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW YOU CAN UPDATE OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To ensure that you have as much control over your Personal Data as possible, you may update your Personal Data by contacting us at email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to SpotSee’s internal reporting and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain personal data for a reasonable period of time in order to fulfill our legitimate business purposes and our legal and regulatory obligations. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will do so promptly.
As discussed above:
- You can always choose not to provide Personal Data, even though it might be needed to receive information or take advantage of some SpotSee services.
- You can add or update Personal Data you have provided to us. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can adjust your browser to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, to notify you when you receive a new cookie, or to disable cookies altogether.
- If you wish to not receive further communications from SpotSee, please contact us at email@example.com to be removed from our database.
Our websites are not intended for children. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Data on our websites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any Personal Data on our websites. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the State of California and SpotSee has an established business relationship with you, then you have certain privacy rights pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code. You have the right to request the following at any time: (a) information from SpotSee free of charge regarding the manner in which SpotSee shares certain Personal Data collected through the website with third parties who use that information for direct marketing purposes; and (b) the discontinuation (or opt-out) of SpotSee’s sharing of the information with those third parties. Please submit any requests (“California Privacy Rights Request”) to email@example.com with a subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights.”
For each California Privacy Rights Request, please state “Your California Privacy Rights” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
SpotSee is not responsible for a California Privacy Rights Request that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled, or incorrectly sent.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
SpotSee does not respond to “do not track” (DNT) signals.
USERS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
SpotSee is the data controller of the Personal Data you provide on our websites.
You may contact us by mail, by email, or by telephone.
By mail: SpotSee
5501 LBJ Freeway, Ste 350
Dallas, TX 75240
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 1-800-527-9497
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis for Processing
As explained above, we process Personal Data in various ways depending upon your use of our websites. We process Personal Data on the following bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform a contract when you request information or services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing you with our products and services, enhancing our web services, conducting analytics and delivering relevant advertising.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
Access and Confirmation. You have the right to ask us if we process Personal Data about you, and in some circumstances, to obtain a copy of your Personal Data.
Deletion and Blocking. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to have your Personal Data deleted or blocked without undue delay.
Direct Marketing. You have the right to object to our processing of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
Consent. To the extent we are processing Personal Data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Data Portability. Under certain circumstances, to the extent we are processing your Personal Data on the basis of consent, or that it is necessary to perform a contract with you, and the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive the Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
To exercise the rights set forth above, please contact us at email@example.com.
Right to Lodge a Complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority in your country.
We are headquartered in the United States of America. Personal Data may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States. The European Commission has not determined that the United States ensures an adequate level of protection for Personal Data.
By providing us with Personal Data, you consent to the storage or processing of your Personal Data in the United States and acknowledge that the Personal Data will be subject to the laws of the United States, including the ability of governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the United States to obtain disclosure of your Personal Data.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-527-9497.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We regularly review and revise our Privacy Statement. We make changes to the Privacy Statement available on this page and note that the statement has been updated. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Data, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on our home page.
COOKIE INFORMATION AND CONSENT
For more information regarding cookies please see our cookie information and consent page.