Introducing ShockLog Cellular
We are pleased to announce the launch of the ShockLog Cellular module, a cellular-connected accessory that is easily added to any ShockLog® 298 impact recorder, giving users real-time alerts, along with date, time and location, of potentially damaging events. Trip information can be accessed via a user-friendly cloud application from anywhere in the world.
With the financial impact of cargo loss exceeding $50 billion annually, the ShockLog Cellular module provides our customers with an ideal tool to identify and eliminate pain points within their respective supply chains with real-time visibility to the condition of their assets,” said Tony Fonk, CEO, SpotSee.
ShockLog Cellular combines the market-leading shock and vibration monitoring capabilities of the ShockLog 298 with low-cost global connectivity to deliver supply chain transparency to SpotSee’s customers. The ShockLog 298 leverages a proprietary piezoelectric accelerometer, designed and manufactured by SpotSee, which delivers industry-leading impact analysis with the lowest noise floor on the market. Now, this impact recorder can be connected to global cellular networks to send data to the SpotSee Cloud, meaning that unlike satellite devices, the ShockLog Cellular module can continue to provide data from inside warehouses or even containers.
ShockLog Cellular Module – Key Features & Benefits:
- Ease of Installation
- Readily connects to any new or existing ShockLog 298 with a quickand easy set up process
- Low-Cost Global Communication
- Utilizes 3G or 2G technology to communicate with the SpotSee Cloud with a low monthly connectivity cost and no roaming charges
- Real-time Data & Information
- Customers can make informed decisions based on real-time alerts, including location and impact value information when an impact occurs
- Robust Battery Life To Support Global Transport
- 90 days of battery life when device uses the most frequent reporting interval
Tracking & Analysis
During a journey, ShockLog Cellular tracks assets and alerts users of any impact in real time. Customers are able to monitor their assets from wherever they are through a user-friendly, cloud-based portal. When the journey has concluded, the ShockLog 298 allows users to download and analyze the full data set. The ShockLog Report View provides an overview of the entire journey, including peak acceleration values for all three axes reported on a time basis, as well as detailed impact curves. Users can zoom in for a closer view or export data into programs such as Excel and Matlab for more detailed analysis.